CHURCHES & MONASTERIES
Kurinji
ST. PETER & ST. PAUL'S CHURCH
(Kandanad Diocese)

 

(Photo: 25 April 2007)

 

Foundation stone of the St. Peter & St. Paulís church at Kurinji was laid on 28th Vrishikam 990 (December 1815). It took almost two years to complete the construction of a church here; In 1817 the Kurinji church was consecrated by Cheppaud Mor Dionysius. The founder members of this church were earlier the parishioners of Kolencherry St. Peter & St. Paul's church.

In 1900 the church was reconstructed to the present form and was consecrated by Metropolitans St. Gregorios Chathuruthil (Parumala Thirumeni) and Mor Ivanios Murimattom of Kandanad diocese. The five altars presently seen in the church was built at this time.

 

 

 

 


Web site is developed & maintained by:

http://SyriacChristianity.org

 

This is not an official website of the Kurinji Church